Skip to main content

Summer 2017 Comment Challenge

Some of you may remember that in March of this year, I participated in the Winter 2017 Comment Challenge, hosted by Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense and Lonna @ FLYLeF. This July, I'll be participating in the summer version of the challenge (hosted by the same bloggers)!




For any of you who don't remember, the comment challenge is a way to encourage bloggers to get to know one another and in many cases introduce bloggers to one another. The point is to comment on your assigned partner's blog either 5+ or 10+ times in a month, and hopefully continue to do so after the challenge ends.

Last time I participated, my partner was Lisa @ Lisa Loves Literature. We've continued to frequent each other's blogs, and I encourage you all to check out her blog! I'm unsure of who my partner is this time, but all of us will get to know our partners come July 1st.

If any of you want to participate in this challenge, you'll soon be able to sign up for the month of August, by clicking on either of the two links I mentioned in the first paragraph. I really enjoyed visiting (what was to me) a new blog and making new connections in the blogosphere!

Comments

  1. It's a good idea but I bet I'd get a blogger who was all about contemporary and romance books, make up, fashion, Big Brother and the Kardashians! I wouldn't be able to find a lot to say! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hosts take time to go through your blog and you have to answer a survey. They usually pair up people with similar interests.

      If by some chance you get something you've never heard of- you learned something new!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so be sure to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hero, by Rabindranath Tagore

 The narrative poem" The Hero" was written by Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore. Set in a young boy's imaginations this narrative has all the necessary elements and is rich in imagery. The characters, plot, setting, theme, climax and idea are all very clearly outlined.  The setting of the poem falls within the boy's imagination. It is described to have 'spiky grass' and a 'narrow broken path'. It is also mentioned that the country is 'strange and dangerous'. The rurality of the setting is further accentuated when Tagore talks of the 'cattle' and 'wide fields'.

One by Shawnee Kellie

  The poem "One" by Shawnee Kellie is a very interesting and thought-provoking piece of writing. The poem spreads the message that it is not only a large group of people that can make a change, but one idea, one thought, one human that can help make the world a better place. 

Coromandel Fishers by Sarojini Naidu

Hello! For this post I will be exploring another poem written by Sarojini Naidu, called "Coromandel Fishers". This poem can be taken as an allegory, for although it speaks to fishermen, it's metaphoric value speaks to the nation, and can be considered a wakening call for the people of our country. When I wrote about "In the Bazaars of Hyderabad", I mentioned that Sarojini Naidu was one of our freedom fighters, and believed greatly in the Swadeshi movement. Naidu reflects her passion for India in this poem.