Skip to main content

IMWAYR-12/06/2017

Hey guys! I'm back with an IMWAYR post after who knows how long! I'm linking up with Kathryn @ The Book Date for this post, as she graciously hosts this meme every week. Without further ado, let's get right into it!

I finished reading "Back Home" by Michelle Magorian. I picked it up from the school library and enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed another Magorian novel "A Little Love Song". The novel is about a young girl who was evacuated to the US during WWII who comes back to an unrecognizable Britain.



I'm currently reading "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz.  This book has been on my TBR for the longest time so I borrowed it from a friend of mine. I'm really enjoying it so far.


I'm also currently reading "The Shock of the Fall" by Nathan Filer. It's not as great as I'd hoped it would be, but my friends and fellow readers tell me that it gets better towards the end of the novel...I'll stick it out and see how that goes!




So I didn't have a  great reading week, but I think I did well in terms of my blog-posts last week. In case you'd like to check them out, here they are:

Saturday Snapshot-10/06/2017
The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone
You're Welcome Universe by Whitney Gardner
Top Ten Tuesday-06/06/2017
The Abode of Clouds

Hopefully this week, I'll finish both the books I'm currently reading. I'm hoping to pick up the Sherlock Holmes series next week as well, as part of the "Big Book Challenge" I'm participating in this summer.

Comments

  1. My reading week was also off. The move is really happening. We have temporary housing squared away and most of our home library in storage now. Come see what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back Home is a book that would appeal to me, and very emotional would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like each character was walking on a tight rope of emotions!

      Delete
  3. I'm also having a hard time fitting in reading. My move has been accomplished but I have boxes, boxes, and more boxes to unpack. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to have managed an incredible amount this week Kathy!

      Delete
  4. Haven't heard of that last book, but love the cover! Hope it gets better for you like your friends say it will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far that's the only thing that I'm really enjoying about the book :(

      Delete
  5. I loved Aristotle and Dante! I heard that there is going to be a sequel soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aristotle has been on my list for a while too. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe' is also on my TBR but I just have not got round to it yet. Perhaps I should bump it up near the front of the list, haha.

    Hope you have a great reading week :)

    Check out my latest 'It's Monday' post HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great reading week as well- and a great week otherwise as well!

      Delete
  8. Happy reading! Back Home does sound interesting, and I've heard good things about Aristotle & Dante.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so be sure to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hero, by Rabindranath Tagore

 The narrative poem" The Hero" was written by Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore. Set in a young boy's imaginations this narrative has all the necessary elements and is rich in imagery. The characters, plot, setting, theme, climax and idea are all very clearly outlined.  The setting of the poem falls within the boy's imagination. It is described to have 'spiky grass' and a 'narrow broken path'. It is also mentioned that the country is 'strange and dangerous'. The rurality of the setting is further accentuated when Tagore talks of the 'cattle' and 'wide fields'.

One by Shawnee Kellie

  The poem "One" by Shawnee Kellie is a very interesting and thought-provoking piece of writing. The poem spreads the message that it is not only a large group of people that can make a change, but one idea, one thought, one human that can help make the world a better place. 

Coromandel Fishers by Sarojini Naidu

Hello! For this post I will be exploring another poem written by Sarojini Naidu, called "Coromandel Fishers". This poem can be taken as an allegory, for although it speaks to fishermen, it's metaphoric value speaks to the nation, and can be considered a wakening call for the people of our country. When I wrote about "In the Bazaars of Hyderabad", I mentioned that Sarojini Naidu was one of our freedom fighters, and believed greatly in the Swadeshi movement. Naidu reflects her passion for India in this poem.