Protected by Copyscape

Translate

Monday, June 1, 2015

Seaside

This is a poem I wrote as a part of a creative writing workshop a few days ago. The workshop was hosted by Duckbill. To find out more about the Duckbill workshops you can go to :
http://www.duckbill.in/platypus.php

I hope you enjoy the poem.

Seaside

I hear a ripple,
caused by children plodding through waves

I hear the cacophony,
of seagulls hunting for fish
I hear the swish of their swoop,
As they capture their prey

I hear the chatter of parents,
As their children play
I hear the wail of a child,
As his creation is swept,
Away by a wave

I hear oh so many sounds,
At the sea's side,
I hear oh so many sounds,
By the sea's shore

- Poetic Fanatic

4 comments:

  1. This is great!
    As a suggestion - you could take a look at how poets use punctuation to achieve their effects ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    I'll look into that to improve my writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.
    I'll look into that to improve my writing

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so be sure to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...