Protected by Copyscape

Translate

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Mountain Ridge

Deep wedges emerge,
Surrounded by meaningless,
Yet intricate carvings
Whose detail is only revealed,
To a caressing touch

Pray, though I may to the mountain,
It replies with coarse,
Strangled speech that drives,
My visible being to bleed.

Flat though it once may have been, 
Crushed and battered,
It now presents itself as
Simply a challenge

A fear overriding the prey, 
Accepts this presentation,
Refusing to succumb to
A similar presence

But time will prove,
the Scratches will stay,
It is the blooms that will leave the ridges,
Darkened by the Winds

-Poem Fanatic


3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of your poetry! "Strangled speech that drives, my visible being to bleed" wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I like revisiting my old poems before posting them. I wrote this one in January...

      Delete

Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so be sure to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog search directory