Skip to main content

IMWAYR- 03/04/2017

Hey guys! It's time for another reading update. I'm linking up with Kathryn at The Book Date, , the original host of this meme.

I finished reading "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer. This is a story about The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland) before she was crowned the Queen. I loved the quirky characters and writing style of this book! Look out for a review next week!

I'm currently reading "Fire Study" by Maria V. Snyder, the third book in the "Chronicles of Ixia" series. I sped through the first two books and I'll be posting my review of the first book this week .

I'm still stuck on "I am the Messenger" by Markus Zusak. I think I'm going to give it a break for a while, and get myself out of the slump that I face every time I read it.

This week I hope to start reading "Nowhere Near You" by Leah Thomas, the sequel to "Because You'll Never Meet Me"- a novel about two friends who will kill each other if they ever meet. One is allergic to electricity, the other has an electric heart.

An update on my "Travel the World in Books" Challenge:
My goal is to read books set in 15 different countries. So far I've read books fully or partially set in:
1.UK
The Bishop's Girl
The Hollow
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Ice Station Zebra
After the Funeral

2.USA
I'll Give You the Sun
The Sun is Also a Star
Made You Up
Souls of Angels

3.France
The Bishop's Girl

4. Germany
Smoke and Ashes: The Story of the Holocaust


Comments

  1. Looking forward to your Heartless review! I've just started it, and while I'm not loving it, it is very sweet :) And the descriptions of food are MOUTH-WATERING!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely Mouth-Watering!!! I could barely read the book without a sweet treat by my side!

      Delete
  2. I have trouble with Zuzak's books too. I think I bounce off the writing style. I'm getting better at setting books I don't connect with aside but I still feel guilty when I do. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored Heartless, and had a huge literary crush on Jest! I want a story all about him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read that! I definitely have a literary crush on him as well!

      Delete
  4. Nice challenge!!

    That would be a bit stressful for me. :)

    Have a wonderful week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just went searching on your blog for The Bishop's Girl review. Fantastic review, so well thought out. You did the book credit that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely did the book credit in your review as well, Kathryn!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read The Messenger but I had similar problems with The Book Thief. It's Monday, What Are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't have many problems with The Book Thief- I found that the emotion and context made up for some of the slow writing.

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of the Travel the World in Books challenge. You just reminded me that I really need to finish the Study series. I've only read Poison Study, but I do have the rest of the books. Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you enjoyed Heartless. Looking forward to the review. In the meant time... since I'm going through a WWII/Holocaust phase now so I'll check out your review of Smoke and Ashes: The Story of the Holocaust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! I absolutely loved Heartless and I enjoyed all of the Study series too! Poison Study was a truly awesome book. I'm off to read your review of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so be sure to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hero, by Rabindranath Tagore

 The narrative poem" The Hero" was written by Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore. Set in a young boy's imaginations this narrative has all the necessary elements and is rich in imagery. The characters, plot, setting, theme, climax and idea are all very clearly outlined.  The setting of the poem falls within the boy's imagination. It is described to have 'spiky grass' and a 'narrow broken path'. It is also mentioned that the country is 'strange and dangerous'. The rurality of the setting is further accentuated when Tagore talks of the 'cattle' and 'wide fields'.

One by Shawnee Kellie

  The poem "One" by Shawnee Kellie is a very interesting and thought-provoking piece of writing. The poem spreads the message that it is not only a large group of people that can make a change, but one idea, one thought, one human that can help make the world a better place. 

Coromandel Fishers by Sarojini Naidu

Hello! For this post I will be exploring another poem written by Sarojini Naidu, called "Coromandel Fishers". This poem can be taken as an allegory, for although it speaks to fishermen, it's metaphoric value speaks to the nation, and can be considered a wakening call for the people of our country. When I wrote about "In the Bazaars of Hyderabad", I mentioned that Sarojini Naidu was one of our freedom fighters, and believed greatly in the Swadeshi movement. Naidu reflects her passion for India in this poem.