Skip to main content

Summer Challenge Update- Cassandra Clare

Image result for cassandra clareHey! I'm writing yet another post about the Big Book Summer challenge. I have read so many " big books" this summer, most of which you know about. I've read Death on the Nile, Pride and Prejudice, The Book Thief, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, and I'm currently reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.

   I'm so close to finishing the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I read the prequel trilogy, the Infernal Devices based on someone's recommendation, and decided to try the main series. After reading City of Bones earlier this year, I have picked up book after book. I've loved all the books, though I have to say that I loved City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels the most. I can't say anything for sure until I finish City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire, the last two books in this amazing series.
   I have read 6 big books this summer!!! I think that's a great achievement. I probably read the same amount of "big books" every year, but this challenge helps me keep track of what I'm reading, and makes my reading more official. If we talk about the whole year, I can proudly say that I have read 60 books this year, and have surpassed my original goal of 50. I now intend to read 100 books.
  Enjoy your reading this summer! Remember, you can still sign up for the big book challenge at .http://www.bookbybook.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Are you doing any challenges this year?

      Delete
    2. No challenges - but I keep reading books as and when I get time :)

      Delete
  2. I know right! You couldn't drop the book long enough to stop you from reading the next one! You know what- People who claim that they cant fall into temptation are hypocrites...(Not seriously...) Why? Because no one can stop thinking about the book once they pause, and place the bookmark, then place the book... It was the same for me while reading the Mortal Instruments (and the lorien legacies, oh wait... and harry potter, cuz who doesnt like harry potter right? Wait, and Hardy Boys, and Nancy Drew, and so many others ;) ), and hoped you enjoyed them! Oh wait this is completely random but I just wanna say- Really like your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree a hundred percent with everything you wrote there! It is very hard to resist temptation when it comes to great books!
      Thank you very much- I can assure you that I really like your blog as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so be sure to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hero, by Rabindranath Tagore

 The narrative poem" The Hero" was written by Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore. Set in a young boy's imaginations this narrative has all the necessary elements and is rich in imagery. The characters, plot, setting, theme, climax and idea are all very clearly outlined.  The setting of the poem falls within the boy's imagination. It is described to have 'spiky grass' and a 'narrow broken path'. It is also mentioned that the country is 'strange and dangerous'. The rurality of the setting is further accentuated when Tagore talks of the 'cattle' and 'wide fields'.

One by Shawnee Kellie

  The poem "One" by Shawnee Kellie is a very interesting and thought-provoking piece of writing. The poem spreads the message that it is not only a large group of people that can make a change, but one idea, one thought, one human that can help make the world a better place. 

Coromandel Fishers by Sarojini Naidu

Hello! For this post I will be exploring another poem written by Sarojini Naidu, called "Coromandel Fishers". This poem can be taken as an allegory, for although it speaks to fishermen, it's metaphoric value speaks to the nation, and can be considered a wakening call for the people of our country. When I wrote about "In the Bazaars of Hyderabad", I mentioned that Sarojini Naidu was one of our freedom fighters, and believed greatly in the Swadeshi movement. Naidu reflects her passion for India in this poem.